Associate Creative Director
Associate Creative Director
The Associate Creative Director is responsible for creating inspiring and high-performing branded content experiences and multi-channelcampaigns. They will be masterful in translating consumer insights, and client strategies and objectives into smart, awesome, breakthrough creative proposals for social, digital, rich media, email, print and emerging platforms.
This talented creative leader will have deep design and branding experience and will sell in visions for new campaigns and content experiences as well as steward existing brands and materials. S/he will manage and oversee visual content execution and ensure stunning thumb-stopping content and design development. S/he will have an endless appetite to learn and innovate in these verticals as well as others, and will be passionate about discussing and sharing content, design, photography, video, social platform trends with teammates and clients.
The ACD will be a driver and catalyst for creativity across multi-discipline collaborations and will inspire and mentor creatives to be the smartest and best they can be.
Essential Job Functions
- Strategize: Work closely with strategy teams to develop creative that is breakthrough and on point
- Ideate: Understand and articulate a client’s brief; lead brainstorms; develop ideas with broader teams; refine ideas to the best campaign concepts and content experiences; gain client approval
- Create: Lead and contribute to the translation of concepts and content experiences into engaging, emerging media campaigns, platforms, and cross-channel programs
- Communicate: Articulate ideas to internal stakeholders an clients in a confident and authoritative manner
- Protect: Partner with internal and client stakeholders throughout development to ensure the creative vision is accurately executed and client expectations are always exceeded
- Execute: Direct creatives. Direct photography and video shoots. Sell in the work.
- Optimize: Assess performance metrics of work as well as emerging trends and and optimize for ultimate success
- Manage: Oversee a team of creatives, develop and manage budgets, adhere to deadlines and workflow processes
- Participate/lead in new business and upsell presentations
- Generate convincing and relevant creative recommendations and thought leadership
- Develop and maintain solid client relationships
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
- 8+ years of progressive creative content/campaignexperience (preferably agency side), with significant experience (and portfolio) in digital marketing, social media, print, and cross-channelcampaigns
- experienceworking with clients and presenting in a professional setting
- 3+ years of supervisory experience with proven track record of staff growth and development
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Significant experience with current visual design standards and best practices
- Significant experience with campaign development and social media
- Experience with inter-agency collaborations and partnering with media agencies for social paid media execution
- Experience video and photo direction, from concept to storyboard to final edit
- Experience thinking and directing “in motion:” moving imagery, animation, motion graphics, video
- Strong conceptual ability
- Strong understanding of storytelling and narrative devices and best practices
- Strong visual aesthetics: design, color, typography, composition
- Working knowledge of the latest design software & technologies (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, InDesign, HTML/HTML5, CSS)
- Ability to relate to people and effectively communicate across disciplines
- Ability to translate ideas into compelling client presentations using PowerPoint and Keynote
- Dynamic, persuasive presenter with experience in and highly comfortable in speaking publically
- Ability to work in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment
- Strong proven capability & track record in leading “cutting edge” campaigns and strong knowledge in latest trends, players and emerging platforms and technologies
- A love of being a student of this fast-paced world every day
- Must exemplify MXM’s values