We have an immediate opening in our Lisle, IL office for a Commissioning Manager to join our Building Commissioning Team. This is a great opportunity for a technical, entrepreneurial-minded leader who enjoys the challenges associated with working in teams, project leadership, managing staff, and complex projects. A successful candidate exhibits a strong work ethic, broad range of technical knowledge, intellectual curiosity, excellent communication skills, and has the ability to influence and motivate people. The position primarily entails a management role that includes growing the business, strengthening and expanding client relationships, managing financial and other performance metrics, managing quality and satisfaction for existing clients, and leading a technical team. Responsibilities also include project management or assisting in execution of building commissioning and energy projects from planning through operations. Farnsworth Group’s worksharing and collaborative culture will expand the candidate’s interaction to multiple national offices and projects. Specific Requirements include:
- BS Degree in Architectural, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- 7-15years of commissioning experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven leadership skills with staff management experience.
- Experience in business development with technical services.
- Demonstrated ability to build successful partnerships and collaborative teams both internally and with other organizations.
- Experience with customer service, client management, and winning new work.
- Strong knowledge of HVAC and HVAC controls.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Experience within various markets, such as higher education, K-12, health care, mission critical, data centers and/or commercial facilities.
- Strong background in project management techniques and software tools.
- Ability to travel domestically.
- Mechanical or electricaldesignexperience
- Local knowledge of the central IL and Midwest regional market and client connections
- Registered professional engineering license
- Commissioning Authority or other commissioning certifications
- Previous LEED® and/or sustainable design project experience
- Data center and Federal projects experience
Job Id: 531