Wyndham Vacation Ownership is currently seeking a Digital Enterprise Architect in Orlando, Florida. The Digital Architect for Marketing and Ecommerce domain is responsible to help maximize WVO’s investment in use of digital marketing and Ecommerce platforms to enable corporate goals and objectives. S/he will work closely with the digital leadership team to implement methods to drive architecture, design and steward the technical foundations for our Digital Marketing and Ecommerce capabilities. As a member of the Enterprise Architecture team, you will provide architectural guidance to multiple agile teams as we evolve our digital product portfolio, and collaborate with product teams to help drive the transition to multi cloud and/or digital SaaS platforms. You will own and deliver technology roadmaps and provide guidance for enterprise business solutions in this domain. The architect is expected to adapt and excel in a collaborative and rapidly growing environment. This role guides high-impact projects and programs, the architect will assure that these initiatives are well architected and aligned with Wyndham’s Enterprise Architecture.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop architecture technology guidance, roadmap and oversee strategies on online marketing and optimization, Marketing Automation, Display advertising, Re-marketing, SEO, SEM, PPC (Lead generation) initiative and campaigns, Mobile marketing, Funnel Building
- Create architecture approach and be the steward for architecture recommendations in digital marketing and ecommerce domains. Work with the multiple marketing teams to ensure Ecommerce, SEO and PPC standards and best practices are standardized and consistently implemented across the enterprise
- Provide reference architectural guidance to multiple agile teams and collaborate with all product teams to help drive the transition to multi cloud and/or SaaS digital platforms. Provide leadership to technical and functional working groups within the organization
- Collaborate and develop Wyndham’s Digital Reference Architecture, product roadmap, architecture artifacts to support optimal solutions delivery. Research key focus areas and execute reference implementations, POC’s to evaluate feasibility
- Develop and ensure compliance with architecture principles and standards for the various systems and components based on enterprise strategies, reference architectures, and design patterns
- Participate in key architecture reviews to approve, review technology as part of the architecture governance process and ensure project designs adhere to EA guidelines
- Collaborate and consult with team architects to assure projects align with the target enterprise architecture. Work with providers of software, hardware products and consulting services
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
- Degree Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Application.
Certification and Training requirements
- Experience or certification with one or more Enterprise Architecture Frameworks such as Federal Enterprise Architecture Framework (FEAF), DoDAF, Zachman or TOGAF Frameworks is a plus
- Certification with one or more leading technology frameworks and platforms is a plus
Knowledge and skills
- Proven ability to relate technical issues to senior management leadership and staff. Business acumen, ability to understand business processes, challenges and manage stake holder expectations is required.
- Business and Technical capability based thinking and planning
- Solid understanding and execution of business architecture & business processes
- Understanding of Business Process Management, Business Process Design, and Change Management.
- Strong Project Management with track record of on-time, on budget and high quality implementations
- Proven experience and demonstrated effective facilitation (internal consulting) skills within a large organization
- Strong architecture & design, software development experience or background.
- Very strong communication skills. Ability to interface and communicate with all levels of management and internal and external customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical, problem solving and planning ability.
- Demonstrate knowledge of architecture frameworks (TOGAF, Gartner, Zachman)
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience with EA tools specifically MEGA or similar products like Alfabet Planning or Troux.
- Understand software architectures, frameworks, design patterns, infrastructurearchitecture and design, and data modeling.
- Knowledge of n-tier design and e-business technologies such as application servers, web server, portals, personalization, content management, web transaction processing, backend integration, middleware and messaging.
- Ability to define Target Enterprise Architecture that promotes reliability, maintainability, scalability, and flexibility based on business needs, technical architecture requirements and best practices, data integration/interoperability requirements.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Ability to analyze and challenge current working methods to create improvements in processes and result on greater efficiency and quality.
- Knowledge of project planning/management including scope, time and resource management.
- 10+ years of progressively responsiblearchitectureexperience, e.g. operating as an Architect in large organizations with complex multi-application IT landscapes
- 5+ years knowledgeable experience of different aspects of Digital Marketing platform domain with comprehensive experience in Marketing and Ecommerce technology strategy, architecture, engineering and operations
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition
- Proven optimization experience with SEO/ SEM, PPC, and Social Media. A good understanding of all aspects of on-site and off-site SEO
- In-depth experience with website analytics tools (e.g, Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
- Experience with SOA enabled practices in context of enterprise agility is desirable
- Business/process knowledge of travel, hospitality or similar industries a plus
- Architecture enablement using SaaS, IaaS or PaaS architectureexperience is a plus
- Excellent presentation skills, strong written and oral skills, business relationship skills including the ability to quickly create productive collaborations
- Proven success in strategic management, leadership, planning and organizational skills required.
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.