An ideal candidate will have a proven track record of design/build/deploy/
document/support highly scalable and efficient hardware solutions at a scale. You should have exceptional technical expertise with major server SKUs (compute, cache, Storage). The Director of Hardware Engineering will regularly interact with Senior Initiative leaders within the company.
• Hire, develop and lead a team of Sr. hardware & software engineers responsible for the design, development and deployment of eBay’s next generation of server & storage technologies.
• Lead a strategy for hyper scale / white box hardware, using your ecosystem knowledge and relationships.
• Implement short and long term Hardware and server strategy with strong customer focus and automation.
• Engage with internal software engineering teams (Cloud, Search, etc.) and define a portfolio approach for server and storage platform hardware.
• Set a clear technical direction and delegate to ensure good execution of strategic and tactical plans
• Create a strong and agile development process across the hardware lifecycle from development, supply chain and quality in deployment
• Drive efficiencies through process improvement, resulting in service maturity and scalability.
• Establish deep partnerships with key technology companies for CPU, memory, storage and networking sub-systems.
• Be available to react to emergencies, and ability to troubleshoot and communicate outside of normal business hours.
• Ability to serve as a technical lead for project implementation and provide a leadership example to other staff members.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to write both technical and procedural documentation.
Requisition Number R0026846