Director of Product Management - Financial Products
The Director of Product Management is a leadership role that will have responsibility for expanding our business opportunities with financial industry partners. This will include developing products and service channels for cross-serving of products and services across the Blucora portfolio. This role will work closely with the engineering, tax, data and analytics, marketing and business development teams to design a full service customer experience for our financial industry partners’ clients. In addition, this role will drive the strategy to create innovative product features and tools. This role will engage with the executive management team to share the vision and progress.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collaboratively build a thoughtful customer experience vision for the offering of financial products to tax customers that is informed by a deep quantitative and qualitative understanding of our customer’s tax and tax related financial needs, the market, and is aligned with our corporate strategy.
- Conduct customer research and outreach to existing customers to identify new financial solutions/features inclusive of the customer experiences that address their current and future needs.
- Work with product, marketing, data and analytics, and engineering teams to define and agree on segment level customer experience, product strategy that includes a prioritization of product/experience features.
- Develop and recommend product position, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long term success.
- Work closely with Finance to ensure financial rigor in decision-making, including development of a product line P&L and business cases in support of strategic product investments.
- Work with data and analytics to build advanced analytic models and ensure all decision are data-driven.
- Lead the development of product & customer experience requirements.
- Manage the execution of customer experience/product development & enhancements.
- Regularly meet with development teams to share roadmap, product vision, review release project plan and obtain feedback on suggestions for improvement to be incorporated into future releases.
- Conduct regular customer and segment level data analysis in support of data-driven product management.
- Conduct regular walk the store sessions to identify opportunities to enhance the customer experience.
- Remove roadblocks in working with other departments to accomplish deliverables.
- Communicate customer segment and product development progress to leadership on a regular basis.
- Lead product focus groups for assigned product(s). Lead user conferences sessions on assigned product(s) and general industry topics.
- Work with vendors related to the product or required to ensure successful product development and promotion.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, management, accounting, economics, statistics, information science or similar required, MBA preferred.
- 7+ years' financial services industry experience, preferably in Fintech and including mobile technology.
- 12+ years' experience in product management, customer experience management or similar roles.
- Enjoy being challenged and to have a desire to solve complex problems on a daily basis.
- Proven track record serving customers with successful digital products financial or fin-tech sectors.
- Experience building a vision & strategy informed by deep quantitative and qualitative analysis of customer needs, the market, and other trends.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize among competing opportunities, balance customer needs with business priorities, and articulate the rationale behind decisions.
- Experience as a data driven decision maker collecting, organizing, analyzing, and disseminating data and insights in a succinct manner.
- Experience with development and execution of tactical plans in an agile environment.
- Detail-oriented with a clear ability to work independently under management/time pressure.
- Technically fluent and knowledgeable on Web development processes.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Resourceful, team player, high energy and flexible. Ability to work in a fast - paced environment.