Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Provides strategic direction and leadership in the development and maintenance of on-going production and inventory plans to support assigned pillars. Leads planning process to manage and align business and supply chain to deliver customer service, working capital and cost targets. Oversees and directs manufacturing facilities in regards to production and inventory planning, scheduling and deployment at the least landed cost. This position is critical to the achievement of significant inventory, service and other S&OP metric improvements.
- Oversee implementation and maintenance of Lean Supply Chain processes across assigned plants, including validating and improving run strategies to improve FG cycle time and developing plans to reduce FG inventory levels at each manufacturing location.
- Oversee the planning, positioning and maintenance of finished goods inventories to effectively balance customer service levels, inventory carrying costs, DDD risk management and optimal transportation.
- Establish guidelines and practices to achieve cost effective and efficient movement of finished goods while maintaining minimum inventory investment, while reducing transportation and warehousing costs.
- Responsible for developing a distribution strategy in support of achieving Conagra Brands' target customer service levels with a minimum investment in inventories.
- Proactively plan and communicate with Transportation & Warehousing on annual and periodic freight and warehousing flow changes.
- Anticipate and communicate current and potential problems/recommendations and opportunities to Senior Management, Sales, Brand Marketing and Customer Service.
- Provide leadership in identifying and tracking of distressed and potentially distressed inventory as well as efforts to reduce liability and maximize return on distressed inventory.
- Conduct key category long-term capacity and replenishment strategy assessments and recommendations to business leadership.
- Support manufacturing sourcing, network design and asset consolidation studies.
- Provide leadership in developing supply chain team members, including talent management, succession planning and professional education.
- Oversee Supply Chain teams in all plants within assigned platform as well as planning/deployment of over copackers/repackers.
- B.S degree in Supply Chain, Finance or related field. MBA/advanced degree a plus.
- 5-10 years of experience in leadership roles in supply chain positions of increasing responsibility.
- Strong understanding of Supply Chain Management and demand-based replenishment strategy.
- Strong understanding of Supply Chain IT transaction systems and information flow. Significant experience with advanced planning software / APO experience preferred.
- Experience in and/or exposure to S&OP processes and procedures, customer planning and/or supply planning.
- Experience with all aspects of the supply chain, including planning, purchasing, transportation, warehousing, deployment and inventory management is ideal.
- Exposure to productivity/continuous improvement methodology in previous positions.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Highly collaborative leadership style.
- Ability to lead effectively and handle conflict in cross-functional integration role
- Experience in change management and work redesign initiatives
- Strong influence management skills.
- Ability to manage cross-operating group/cross-functional resources without the use of direct reports.
- Ability to interact with various levels of the organization (corporate/plant).
- Thorough understanding of Supply Chain cost structure.
- Able to analyze run strategy alternatives and balance-sheet/P&L impacts.
- Excellent communication skills - both formal and informal.
- Ability to communicate within all levels of the organization.
- Strong computer competency required