Have you ever dreamed of working for a company where you are surrounded by a bunch of really bright people who happily support each other? Imagine a company where your opinion truly matters and your work-life balance is honestly encouraged and supported. This is Bosch. Check us out. You will be amazed at what is possible – fun technical challenges in a supportive, progressive environment.
BoschSecurity Systems is a leading global supplier ofsecurity, safety, and communications products and systems. Protecting lives, buildings and assets is the major aim. The productportfolio includes video surveillance, intrusion detection, fire detection and voice evacuation systems as well as access control and management systems. Professional audio and conference systems for communication of voice, sound and music complete the range.Fairport, NY is the headquarters for the BoschSecurity Systems sales organization in the United States and serves as the primary site for research and development, engineering, quality and product management for intrusion detection systems, including state-of-the-art sensors, control panels, communicators and more.
This technical position entails designing automation systems for intrusion security products. The successful candidate will actively participate in a structured product development process with responsibility for test strategy design, manufacturing test equipment development, and system deployment to our manufacturing sites. This position offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic team environment with diverse individuals and groups located worldwide.
- Planning and leading test development activities
- Design test systems for manufacturability, testability, and cost effectiveness
- Requirements gathering, review, and validation
- Working with product and test automation experts on test methodology development
- Test equipment/software/documentation validation, training, and hand-off to internal customers
- Creating work instructions and training for the factory associates
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent is required
· Technical Expertise
o 3+ years electrical engineering experience
o Strong analog and digitalcircuittroubleshooting skills using typical test equipment (DMM, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, etc)
o Thorough understanding of product design for manufacturability, testability and cost effectiveness
o Circuit design, schematic capture, and familiarity with PCB design
· Technical Leadership
o Ability to plan and lead test development activities and factory deployment
o Ability to guide, train, and mentor engineers and technicians
· Periodic international travel
· Familiarity with visible and infrared sensing, RF and microwave technologies
· Experience with LabVIEW
· Strong mechanical aptitude.