Michael Dell was famously quoted, “When you stand at the center of technology, you stand at the center of human progress; and there’s no place I’d rather be.” If this vision motivates you, and you have skills, experience and passion around helping execute business outcomes through driving an Enterprise Architecture based approach to delivering those outcomes with technology, we’re searching for people like you.
Dell Technologies combines the power of 7 technology leaders that are committed to this vision. Helping our customers transform the way they do business in 4 fundamental ways; Digital Transformation, IT Transformation, Workforce Transformation and Security Transformation. These transformations are realized through; gaining new capabilities, reinventing processes, strengthen security and creating new value that could change the game. At Dell Technologies we service customers across 180 countries – including 98 percent of the Fortune 500 – with the industry’s most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to the core to cloud.
The role of the Enterprise Architect is to help manage the overall transformation outcomes on behalf of Dell Technologies and the client, provide a single point of accountability, and leverage the delivery and solution capabilities of the Strategically Aligned Businesses (SAB) while working alongside the Dell Technologies and SAB stakeholders in delivering transformational value.
The Enterprise Architect role combines vertical industry expertise and application knowledge, a broad range of consulting capabilities, and innovative business and technology solutions to help companies harness the value of information across the enterprise. The Enterprise Architect (EA) provides innovative thought, strategic guidance, and technology expertise to help clients exploit information to its maximum potential and accelerate their journey to cloud computing models. Taking an application-centric perspective the position should be able to differentiate Dell Technologies and Dell EMC on our ability to deliver tangible business results through the generation of actionable strategy and design, followed by driving and managing execution with our clients, to enable them to transform and exploit the benefits of strategically digitizing their business.
The EA provides this support to an assigned account or set of accounts in a given geography. He/she works closely with their sales team and customers to create strategic account plans that are rooted in as-a-service technologies, next-generation applications, and data analytics. The EA builds credibility and challenges traditional customer thinking to sell a long-term vision as opposed to pointed solutions. The EA should be able to provide technical thought leadership for the account’s CTO, enterprise architects, application developers, engineering, and operations teams.
What you’ll be doing:
Skills & Experience you bring:
Demonstrated mastery in one or more of the following domains, with working proficiency across all domains:
• IT Strategic Planning
• IT Governance (ITIL, DevOps, SRE, COBIT, NIST, ISO)
• Process & Data Mapping, Value Chain discovery
• Software Development Lifecycle
• Requirements Elicitation, Organization, and Prioritization
• Traditional Application Development (object-oriented, functional)
• Cloud Native & 12 Factor Application Development
• Data Modeling, Analysis & Administration (big data, NoSQL, relational database, ETL, event-driven)
• Infrastructure Virtualization Layers (hypervisors, containers, software-defined)
• Infrastructure Compute layers (x86, Power, Mainframe)
• Infrastructure Storage Layers (block, file, object, streams)
• IT Data Protection (backup & recovery, disaster recovery, business continuance)
• IT Automation, Orchestration & Self-Service based models.
• IT Security & Risk Management
Job ID: R51091