This is an opportunity to build a visible impact in an eBay growth business, to use your extensive talents to develop new features that promote enthusiastic engagement in our large and growing base of automotive sellers and buyers. Fronted technical expertise, curiosity, dedication, pride, respect, collaboration and proven communication skills are what we’re looking for. You will be expected to work in a dynamic Agile environment with a talented group of peers and be able to estimate projects and deliver them on time.
- Design, develop and test major features for the Motor / Vehicle Vertical at eBay
- Deliver excellent customer experiences in a way that builds stabilized businesses
- Close collaboration and alignment with all relevant eBay departments and partners across the business within a dynamic, success-oriented culture
- Estimate engineering effort, plan execution cycles, and roll out system changes
- Strong communication skills with the ability to drive issue resolution and root cause identification with the various teams
- Take end-to-end product and features ownership from design to implementation to post production support
- Knowledge of cross-browser, cross-platform, and design constraints on the web.
- Familiarity with SEO
- Knowledge of Windows and UNIX development environment, source code management and bug tracking
- Experience in developing high performance, highly scalable, database driven consumer web applications
- Experience with agile development methodologies such as Test Driven Development (TDD) is a plus
- You should be enthusiastic, focused, detailed and organized
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills, verbal and written social skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, iterative development environment
- Tackle challenges of fixing browser-specific problems and site speed issues.
- Must be able to independently design, code and test major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex changes
- Take end-to-end product and features ownership from design to implementation, including the responsibilities for code roll-out and responding to customer issues.
- Provide technical leadership and mentor junior members of the team.
- Follow best practices in software design and implementation.