RCI, part of Wyndham Destination Network is seeking an IT Senior Project Manager. The IT Senior Project Manager directs, manages, plans and administers the operational and administrative activities of an Information Technology project team leveraging a solid understanding of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment. This position plans and administers the tactical, operational and administrative activities of the Project Management Office (PMO).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and sustains relationships with business and IT project teams.
- Manages project scope and schedule, including project change control.
- Applies appropriate methodology, tools and templates for completing assigned projects.
- Manages project cost to capital budget; manages monthly project capital forecasting.
- Manages all project risk and issues and the corresponding mitigation strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Training requirements
- Certification in Project Management or equivalent knowledge
- Certified Scrum Master or equivalent knowledge/experience
- Knowledge and skills
- Strong leadership capabilities, strong judgment, and the ability to work effectively with and influence clients, team members, management and external groups.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the business/client environment and systems, connectivity and application technological alternatives.
- Strong general business acumen.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of project management life cycle and systems development life cycle.
- Knowledge of project management tools, techniques and practices
- Ability to lead a team and deliver all phases of complex assignments.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and planning abilities.
- Technical Skills
- Knowledge of MS Project, Clarity, Word, Excel, Outlook, and Visio software programs
- Job experience
- 7+ years of experience in a Project Management role with a strong background in cross-functional team development.
- Solid hands-on Agile experience (Scrum, Kanban), with a minimum of 3 years in managing enterprise-level application development projects in an Agile environment.
- Solid understanding of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.