The Consumer Insights Manager serves as a key player in helping the Insight &Analytics (I&A) team influence decisions with rigorous insights that drive results. They will support initiatives driving a wide range of investigative research activities to define the company’s brands’ growth opportunities with regard to brand renovation, expansion, new products, shopper/channels and marketing strategy. Digs deep to uncover compelling consumer, category, shopper and brand insights; ensures insights are leveraged in growth strategies, new products, and marketing/activation plans.
- Establish himself/herself as a strategic business partner with Brand Directors and managers, Research & Development (R&D) directors, Customer leaders and the Marketing team.
- Translate insights and analytics into top and bottom line business impact.
- Drive an agile, analytically-driven approach to identifying and defining business opportunities for growth; develops learning plan, executes, analyzes, and communicates learning related to Conagra Brands’ present and future position in the marketplace.
- Advise on key strategic issue development to be addressed in annual operating and strategic business plan, serving as consumer & shopper business partner.
- Lead synthesis and communication of market, retailer and consumer trends; ensures relevant trends are acted upon in brand product and marketing strategies.
- Identify, develop and refine new/renovated products to support business growth.
- Lead the sourcing, interpretation and application of marketplace and consumer learning to develop marketing strategy and refine activation for prioritized brands.
- Drive application of a comprehensive range of research methodologies and suppliers, continuous improvement in techniques and cost.
- Apply our portfolio segmentation principles with regard to resource allocation, investments and the types of engagements with the brands.
- 5+ years of experience producing high quality, well-regarded insights & analytics work, preferably in the consumer packaged goods industry.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Proven track record of delivering actionable business recommendations, influencing decisions, and impacting results.
- Strong priority management skills so to ensure insights resources are leveraged and applied to the most important business issues.
- A proven record of turning insights into actions with our brands, retailers, marketing and R&D.
- A proven track record driving business model and influencing the matrix across brand, marketing, customer and R&D.
- Strong knowledge of multiple insights tools and processes, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Experience working with multiple third party suppliers ensuring they are aligned to our key deliverables and they are driving impactful outcomes.
- Proven strong oral and written communication skills, especially the ability to explain difficult concepts and insights in simple, applicable business terms.