The Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis is responsible for managing the Company’s financial planning activities, including long range plans, annual budgets and monthly forecasts. The position is responsible for providing insight and operational support to achieve near term budgeted revenue and earnings objectives and to position the Company for longer term sustained revenue and earnings growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains multi-yearfinancial planning models, incorporating key business drivers.
- Engages in annual budgeting process, partnering with business leaders to ensure accountability to meet or exceed budget expectations.
- Engages in monthly forecasting process, reflecting actual results and trends into expected financial results, communicates expectations and influences organizational performance to exceed forecasted expectations.
- Develops analyses that provide deep insight into product revenue and pricing and white space definition and capture with the goal of achieving long-term sustained revenue growth.
- Develops standard and ad hoc financial analyses and dashboards to provide operational insight to business leaders.
- Assists with balance sheet / capital structure planning, utilizing multi-year planning model, to ensure capital structure supports capital expenditure and acquisition expectations.
- Assists with the Company’s acquisition strategy, including supporting financial modeling and accounting due diligence.
- Develops and maintains software tools for effective and efficient budgeting and forecasting.
Education and Professional Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA or MBA a plus, but not required.
- 5 -7 years professional experience in finance or accounting with at least 3 years in a lead financial planning role.
- Strong analytical skills, including superior financial modeling, database querying and statistical analysis.
- Experience with data organization, manipulation and analysis using multiple source systems
- Ability to build integrated financial models (income statement, balance sheet and cash flow).
- Experience with Excel, ERP systems and business planning/business intelligence systems.
- Strong business acumen
- Professional, poised and accomplished communicator with senior executives. Ability to partner with operations leaders to influence business processes and financial performance
- Ability to produce quality materials within tight timeframes.
- Cross-functional expertise, with experience operating in a complex organization.
- Strong project management, planning and organization skills, including ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Continuous improvement attitude; ability to seek out and implement internal or external best practices.