This position is primarilyresponsible for thedesign and development of Cross’s product packaging.Responsibilities include proactive participation in cross-functional product development teams to understand and communicate the packaging options available and to make the appropriate choices. Contributes to the conception and development and leads the implementation of new product packaging and modifications to current packaging. Plans and coordinates projects to develop new or modified packaging. Works directly with Marketing to develop and specify point of purchase displays and promotional materials. The primary results of these efforts will be attractive, high-quality, cost-effective product packagingResponsibilities:
- Defines a comprehensive packaging development plan and schedule by gaining an understanding of marketing’s advertising and time objectives.
- Teams with Marketing, industrialdesigners, external design firms, engineering, and manufacturing to design and develop product that optimizes packaging value that meets customer requirements.
- Works with Operations and Distribution to specify materials and recommend equipment and processes for packages, platforms, sleeves, labels, shipping cartons and the like.
- Keeps abreast of new and changing technologies, specific competitive activity and supplier capabilities that are applicable to Cross’s product engineering objectives.
- Estimate time, capital, expenses and manpowerrequired for completion of packaging-related projects. Ensures that projects are completed timely and in adherence to department budgets.
- Communicates package status and highlights issues to appropriate project teams in a timely, clear, and concise manner to ensure quick turnaround times and the best solution is recommended.
- Work with internal and external customers to develop POP displays and support materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with 5 years of experience, preferably in consumer product packaging.
- Must be able to designplastic, metal and paper packaging components for high-volume manufacturing.
- Knowledge of packaging related quality standards, design material, and manufacturing processes.
- Excellent project management skills are required to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Technical skills including 3D design and Microsoft Office are essential requirements for the position.
- Must be able to work in a team environment in a cross-functional setting.