Provides leadership, technical support and tactical execution, associated with industrial utility systems and engineering compliance programs, in a consumer products environment. Industrial utility systems include; refrigeration, (ammonia & halocarbons); HVAC; cooling water, (tower & chilled water); natural gas, (boilers, burner controls, gas trains); plumbing; fire protection and industrial gases, (nitrogen & CO2). Engineering compliance programs include; Process Safety Management, (ammonia refrigeration, natural gas safety, combustible dust mitigation); Refrigerant Management.
This position provides technical support in the form of trouble shooting, compliance program updating, conceptual engineering, project scope development, budgetary estimating, physical audits, prototypical document preparation, and training programs for plant staff. In addition, this position provides project support in the form of, detailed design reviews, system installation inspections, and commissioning services to ensure system performance and reliability.
- Supports and enhances an existing engineering compliance programs as required to keep them relevant, ensure consistency between Conagra Brands sites, mitigate risk and ensure compliance as regulations evolve at the State and Federal levels.
- Supports plant, corporate and contract resources to ensure that compliance projects get developed and submitted in a timely manner. Including, working with stakeholders to coordinate and prioritize in the capital planning process at both plant and corporate levels.
- Is an active member and facilitator of the Conagra Brands Supply Chain Engineering Compliance Steering committee that captures broad cross-functional input on technical safety risk.
- Develops project scope documents in the form of Tech Briefs, Front-End Loading packages (FEL’s) or sections of FEL-s, used in the Conagra Brands project approval process.
- Reviews scope documents (Technical Briefs) for less complex project with the purpose of ensuring the scope is complete and will deliver the intended outcome. This includes validating the technology chosen is appropriate for the intended outcome, that there is a high probability of successful performance and sustainable reliability, that the proposed method of execution is inherently safe, and that the proposed costs for capital and expense are within a realistic range.
- Keeps current with latest utility regulations as well as applications that are commonly considered “state of the art” for the food processing industry.
- Provides technical and economic feasibility to other groups within the Company that are focused on improvements to the current sate and developing competitive advantages against Conagra’s peer set.
- Travel could be 50% up to 75% domestically.
- Bachelors in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering is required, with practical experience of 8 to 15 years in consumer products industry or similar utility systems.
- Candidate must at a minimum be eligible to take a P.E. exam, but already holding a P.E. license is preferred.
- Excellent leadership, collaboration, and influential management skills are a necessity for success in this position.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills are a requirement.
- High proficiency in technical analysis, problem solving, and conceptual design are mandatory.