Kemper is seeking Product Directors to join our growing State Management team. This position focuses on personal lines Preferred Automobile and Homeowners insurance products and can be based in Chicago, IL, Dallas, TX, Jacksonville, FL or Alpharetta, GA.
Kemper will provide relocation assistance if required.
• Manage one of Kemper’s four largest and most complex states. Analyze performance of products and execute on recommendations necessary to achieve financial goals.
• Develop strategic vision and corresponding business.
• Assist AVP State Management with regional leadership activities. Assist AVP State Management in hiring, coaching and developing employees.
• Manage 1-3 direct reports, depending upon states and candidate’s qualifications.
• Collaborate and communicate with business partners to ensure successful implementations and execution.
• Develop rate and rule pricing proposals for submission to departments of insurance and negotiate for approval to ensure rate adequacy and marketability.
• Lead or participate in regional/national special projects, initiatives or other related work assignments as required/requested.
• Collaborate with business partners across the organization to justify changes to Kemper systems, business practices and/or product offerings with sound analysis and logic, forecasting expected growth and profit impacts.
• Analyze competitive information as well as Company and industry data in consultation with the Regional Sales Managers, Underwriting Managers, Marketing and other appropriate personnel.
• 7+ years of Personal and Commercial Lines experience in regional Product Management or National strategy role
• Bachelors degree from an accredited institution in a business-related discipline (mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, insurance or other related discipline preferred)
• Experience managing initiatives at the countrywide or multi-state level preferred
• Prior management/leadership experience
• Strong computer spreadsheet and database skills
• Strong communication skills - ability to present ideas and information in a clear, concise, organized and diplomatic manner; gather information from multiple parties to ensure all perspectives are heard and considered; listen to others to respond effectively to ideas, thoughts, and questions; ability to work with others in effectively negotiating through conflict express one's self effectively in adversarial and confrontational settings to obtain desired results
• Organizational skills: both time and task skills are required
• Demonstrates the ability to analyze data and develop strategic recommendations
• Solid technical skills when it comes to managing auto, home and other lines of business, as well as general CAT management knowledge
• Leadership skills and strong diplomacy and negotiation skills.
Our employees enjoy great benefits:
• Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your first month.
• Save for your future with robust 401(k) match, Health Spending Accounts and various retirement plans.
• Learn and Grow with our Tuition Assistance Program, paid certifications and continuing education programs.
• Contribute to your community through United Way and volunteer programs.
• Balance your life with generous paid time off and business casual dress.
• Protect what you love with discounts on home and auto insurance products.
• Get employee discounts for shopping, dining and travel through Kemper Perks.
Kemper at a glance
With $11 billion in assets, Kemper is one of the nation's leading insurers. The Kemper family of companies specializes in auto, home, life, health and valuables insurance products for individuals, families and businesses.
Kemper’s underwriting companies* are rated A- (Excellent) and Infinity Property & Casualty is rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company, the leading insurance industry rating authority. Kemper companies service seven million policies and rank among the top 25 personal lines property and casualty writers and the 2016 Ward’s 50 Top Performers list of life insurance companies.