The job …
The Product Manager has overall responsibility for product definition and delivery. You will work with design, strategy and engineering to create a compelling vision culminating with delivery of a product that meets the needs of the business. Using Design Thinking methodology, the product manager facilitates the product requirements gathering across the team, and manages the functional aspects of the process to ensure successful delivery. Product managers are the driver of the multidisciplinary team through a lean, agile-based incubation and implementation process – e.g., Build, Learn, and Adapt.
Detailed stuff you will be doing …
The Product Manager must possess a broad base of skills and knowledge spanning digitaltechnology, strategy and business planning, user experiencedesign, engineering and agile/lean development practices. You must have an entrepreneurial drive to develop new products, while managing client needs and timeframes to broker complex relationships that evolve into real solutions. The ultimate success of a Product Manager hinges on their ability to guide their peers while influencing decision makers. The Product Manager will:
- Act as the voice of the customer in the definition of innovative digital solutions.
- Work with strategic design to gain an understanding of user personas, pain points and journeys.
- Provide insights into product, technology and market trends.
- Responsible for product and project management utilizing Agile and Design Thinking Methodologies.
- Develop feature lists, user stories, and roadmaps.
- Gather and manage product feedback through surveys, concept testing, analytics tools, and A/B testing.
- Be a champion of the MVP concept, distilling the product down to what is desirable, viable and feasible.
- Monitor and report on product KPIs.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to scope, design, concept test, and deliver innovative solutions.
- Assist with the development of business cases and operating plans.
- Develop materials to communicate progress to partners and clients.
- Assist in the development of new business proposals.
Qualifications you need …
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Ten (10) years of business experience delivering products, capabilities or services to meet customer needs.
- Three (3) years’ experience with Product Management.
- Experience launching multiple digital products.
Other stuff you should also have …
- Graduate Degree in Business, Leadership, or relevant technical discipline.
- Strong understanding of mobile and web technologies and industries.
- Focused desire to build products and services that customers will love.
- Working knowledge of Design Thinking and Agile development methodologies working on Scrum teams.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to ensure the confidentiality of sensitive information and thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-demanding and service-oriented environment.
- The capacity for self-motivation, independent initiative and creative problem-solving
- A diligent attention to detail and strong technical intuition.
- Ability to manage time and schedules to meet aggressive deadlines and influence through persuasive written and verbal communication, as well as the ability to set and manage expectations at the executive level.
- Excellent leadership skills with experience collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Passionate: You love creating intuitive and beautiful user experiences that exceed the needs of your users.
- Empathic: You show great empathy for your audience and are experienced in Design Thinking/User Centered Design practices.
- Participating: You love working with a team and are eager to collaborate with business colleagues to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- Flexible: You are deliberate about your design approach, and you rely on feedback from the team and users to ideate and improve on your designs.
- Confident: You love creating advanced designs and prototypes and ensure they are validated throughout each step.
- Life-learner: You take pride in learning, as well as sharing what you know with your teammates.
You should know …
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Relocation may apply to this position.
- We offer a competitive Total Rewards Package that includes things like a wide selection of health plans, preventative health reimbursement, 401(k) savings plan with company match and automatic company contributions, tuition reimbursement, professional development, volunteer programs, employee assistance program, electric service discount, and many more perks!