Merrill combines great people, best practices and advanced technology while empowering the communications of the world’s leading companies and professionals who support them. Whether it’s sales, finance, human resources, information technology and more, consider unleashing your talent at Merrill Corporation.
The Product Management team is responsible for creating valuable, profitable products. This is accomplished through product planning, product discovery, product optimization, product leadership, and evangelism.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Increases the value of existing, established products through product optimization.
• Defines the minimum viable product or features.
• Takes product concepts and leads discovery with actual customers and users.
• Partners with a lead engineer to ensure feasibility of the product.
• Partners with interaction designers to ensure usability of the product.
• Balances imitation and innovation through competitive research and user research.
• Increases the value of our platform by taking brand new product offerings to market.
• Innovates new product concepts through the synthesis of user research, customer feedback, and competitive dynamics.
• Partners with business development professionals to select vendors and manage vendor relationships instrumental to increasing the value of the product.
• Basic understanding:
o platform management and strategy
o market research
o gentle deployment
o competitive differentiation
• Advanced understanding/practical experience with:
? product discovery
? defining product principals
? charter customer group facilitation
? competitive research
? collaboration techniques
? usability testing
? A/B test design
? data analysis
? SCRUM / Agile methodologies
? presentation and communication
? competitive differentiation
? customer process innovation
? customer networking
? employee performance management and development
? stakeholder management
? product strategy
? project management
• Competent to execute on all product management functions with full independence. Shows strong ownership and decisiveness for product and team.
• Independently sets the roadmap yet works with management to ensure roadmap and product strategy is aligned with corporate strategy and peer objectives.
• Follows product principles, department procedures, and standards. Seeks permission to deviate from standards.
• Provides directional and strategic leadership to the product team ensuring marketing, sales, engineering, UX, and product are aligned.
• Manages multiple products, a portfolio of integrated products, or significantly complex products
• May manage other Product Managers and oversee congruent product lines.
• Proactively anticipates the needs, concerns, and fears of others and build s communication strategy in response
• Keeps employees informed of organizational developments
• Maintains a consistent and clean product backlog
• Capable of facilitating and leading teams through crisis resolution
• Champions new ideas and initiatives within the team ; acts as a catalyst for changeMinimum Requirements (Education, Experience, Skills)
• 6-8 years practicing.in Product Management
• 7-10 years related business experience
• Bachelor’s degree in related field