Wyndham Destinations is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer in Orlando, Florida. The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, testing and implementation of software solutions and enhancements within Wyndham Destinations. He or she serves as an experienced Java Software Developer resource within Wyndham IT. Additionally, position conducts ongoing planning and support of the applications, including tuning, monitoring and availability. Further, leads, manages and coordinates projects to build and/or implement comprehensive integrated system solutions for IT customers, while maintaining a high level of service on production systems.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead solution design for varying sizes of critical Java applications and ensure standard operating procedures are being followed. Develop and support of Enterprise applications through entire SDLC.
- Ensures that disruption to business is minimized through planning and testing of proposed software fixes, updates and adherence to strict change management processes. Lead coordination between IT and business units.
- Provide technical leadership to IT and enterprise with regards to JAVA applications. Anticipate and identify potential problems before they occur and implements solutions minimizing impact on projects and users. Provides weekly and monthly reports on projects.
- Assist application services teams with technical support when required between Applications and other IT technical engineering groups, including operational, maintenance and modification of interfaces and reports, as well as general technical modifications.
- Ensure adherence to formal processes, standards and total quality practices in all activities. Ensure that programs and systems meet best practice standards for project management, backup, recovery, change management and business continuity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Master's degree is a plus
Knowledge and skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Self motivated
- Ability to quickly understand and adapt new technologies
- Experience in one or more of the following technologies: Java, J2EE, Spring, Spring Web MVC, Hibernate, Angular JS, API, Webservices etc.
- Deep understanding of design patterns, SOA principles and its implementation methodologies (Oracle Fusion experience a plus)
- Proficiency in analysis/design methods and techniques including: UML, Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Class Diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams
- Application and Database performance tuning and performance design experience
- Data modeling / design experience
- Software development experience utilizing tools such as RAD or Eclipse
- Experience in using version control tools such as TFS, Clearcase or SVN
- Integration Experience that includes: WebMethods, Fusion and ILOG desired
- UX/UI experience, HTML, JSON, Websphere, CSS 3
- Experience with XML and enterprise integration technologies including Web Services (SOAP/WSDL)
- Experience in formal software development methodologies
- Experience with SonarQube Desirable
- Familiarity with ElasticSearch and Informatica is a plus
- Eight (8) years’ experienceworking with Core Java technologies including J2EE, Java APIs, STRUTS, JPA, HIBERNATE, SPRING, and WEBSERVICES
- Experience working with off shore development teams
- Experience with Agile software development methodology