The Sr. Manager, Product Program Management is responsible for development of new product innovation and new product development, planning, execution and ensuring proper management throughout the various product lifecycles.
This role will lead the execution of product strategy, development and life-cycle management for one or more assigned product families or lines of business.
This role will recommend changes to existing products, features and functionality based on organizational goals and member feedback and needs.
The Sr. Manager, Product Program Management will be responsible for identifying and analyzing industry trends, as it relates to development and management of product features and functionality.
They will be required to work closely with the Information Technology, Marketing, Digital, Data Governance, Business Continuity and member facing groups to develop and deliver on products that are aligned with our core values and mission.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies and Information Protection requirements.
- Lead and manage team. Support team on managing production issues. Source for escalation on decision-making for implementation. Coaching and performance management of the team.
- Act as SME/Business stakeholder for key strategic projects. Bring business lens to development and participate in daily stand-ups with IT. Develop user store boards, defining business requirements, leading other business takeaways. Own and maintain business processes.
- Facilitate user story development from strategy and business requirements, approve user stories for the delivery team and accept completed stories and features.
- Manage day-to-day operations of team functions, metric and KPI achievement, vendors and SLA performance.
- Motivate the delivery team with a clear and compelling goal. Define and communicate product strategy to various stakeholders within and outside department (cross-functional team).
- Develop and prioritize backlog for minimum viable product (MVP). Prioritize backlog based upon member needs/experience, organizational needs.
- Act as “Voice of the Customer”, a subject matter expert and primary contact to internal design partners and external parties, including vendors.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- B.A. degree in Business Administration or Management required.
- Minimum 8 years of experience Product Management or Product Development roles including significant experience with Agile and Scrum.
- Product Owner certification required.
- Strong project management skills required.
- Experience working in agile environment with knowledge of KAN-BAN methodology.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills required to effectively communicate with management, staff, and outside contacts.
- Ability to work independently, and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
- Ability to present a professional image when dealing with members, co-workers, management, and outside contacts.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly to changing work priorities.
- Effective cross-functional team leadership, relationship building, influence and negotiation skills.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.