Sr Product Manager - Maintenance
Our Protective Coatings Business Unit offers an extensive range of high-performance coatings for corrosion and fire protection for assets across a range of industries, both offshore and onshore. We are strong in up-stream offshore and power, and are an overall market leader with International® brand. We have good relationships within the oil and gas industry, and also service fire protection and engineering, while leading in technical service.
Product Manager – Maintenance
Support the segments in which the product group is used and assist with the delivery of the segments plans. Ensures that the product group matches customer needs and supports the development of new or replacement products and manages their launch into the market; manages the withdrawal of unwanted or obsolete products. Actively manages the allocated product group as a portfolio in line with agreed branding rules and hierarchies.
- Creates relevant value propositions for customer segments in accordance with the segment plans.
- Actively manages products as a portfolio, bringing in new products and regularly eliminating obselete products
- Work with segment managers, regional marketing managers and sales teams to deliver the agreed plans, assess the global needs for all relevant segments and regions and contribute with prioritised activities for the allocated product group
- Identifies new product customer needs and creates specification for new products in liaison with R&D
- Ensures effective planning, communication and progress of both new product development and NPL activities.
- Assures the timely launch of new products into the market and follows approval processes
- Implements brand strategies to ensure optimal product postioning and value creation.
- Maintains and manages the specified product ranges by customer to ensure compliance to specification set by each manufacturer.
- Creates sales arguments for products including competitive comparisons
- Ensures that relevant product information are provided to the sales team.
- Provides ideas for product positioning to broader product management community.
- Contributes to the creation of best practices in product management through the BA
- Be familiar with all the applicable corporate as well as site policies/procedures with regard to personal conduct and HSE standards and acting in compliance with all applicable regulations.
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Bachelor's degree, concentration in Marketing, Economics, Chemistry
- 4+ years working experience in R&D or commercial environment
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Combination of technical and commercial understanding
- Essential to have good level of communication skills
- Good networker with good people skills
- Proactive, robust and pragmatic approach
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both a pre-employment background check and a drug screening. In some case, pre-employment physicals may also be required.
All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans (M/F/D/V)