Position Title: Storage Administrator
Position Number: 288972
Location: Atlanta, GA
Desired Skill Set:
Cisco, ITIL, JIRA, Linux, RHEL, Switches
**C2C and STEM-OPT are not available**
**Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.**
Job Title - Storage Engineer
Location - Atlanta, Georgia
Duration - 12 Months
Position can be located in Atlanta, GA OR Cincinnati, OH OR Denver, CO
Typically requires an advanced Degree or equivalent and 5 years of relevant work experience. If no advanced Degree is acquired, then 10 years of relevant experience is required.
Key Purpose of the Role:
The Storage Service provides Client with its core storage and backup platforms, this includes our payment engines and supporting infrastructure. Our global data centres host thousands of servers and petabytes of storage that enable Client to provide a highly available quality service to our merchants and customers. Our Infrastructure and Operations teams are based in Europe, Asia and North America.
Our Storage Engineer will deliver support and product engineering to our customers. You'll help to develop new products for Global Infrastructure and business project teams to help improve existing and deliver new functionality into our business.
* Support and administration of Production, Pre Production (PPE) and Test/Development environments.
* Creation of standard engineered builds and blueprints for Storage platform technologies.
* Driving storage infrastructure product decisions - which have major and far-reaching impact on the successful use of technology in Client.
* Driving product strategies for storage technologies across a wide spectrum of project and operational stakeholders.
* Maintenance, communication and lifecycle management of these engineered builds and blueprints.
* Creation and maintenance of product buy/hold/sell lists as part of Wordplay''s technology lifecycle management.
* Development and maintenance of point automation and orchestrated workflows.
* Provide SME escalation for complex support issues, including rapid response of Client incidents.
* Evaluate system performance and produce reports to recommend and implement platforms improvements as appropriate.
* Produce and maintain relevant technical and operational documentation.
* Proactive management of the Client Hosting estate and recommendation of measures to improve service delivery to the Client customer base.
* Execution of authorised and controlled change for Client.
* Management and implementation of upgrades to services.
* Fault diagnosis and resolution of service.
* Escalation of critical issues in accordance with relevant process and procedures.
* Delivery to agreed Service Level and Operating Level Agreements.
* Participation in 24x7 on-call rota and be available for out-of-hours work as required.
* Manage installations and software upgrades to ensure all services are kept as current as possible and that license audit is performed and all licenses are in place.
* Manage the configuration and operation of Client platform services.
* Ensure that Client Information Security policies and guidelines are adhered to for all platform services.
* Interface and maintain relations with other Client IT teams.
* Provide effective cover for other team members as and when required during absence.
* 4 Years; Supporting Enterprise Storage Infrastructure
* Fibre Channel Switches/Directors
* Block storage (EMC, HDS, Pure) inc replication
* File storage (NetApp, EMC, HNAS)
* Content storage platforms (ECS, Centera)
* Data Backup platforms (EMC, Veritas)
* Experience of engineering standard builds for one or more of the technologies described above.
* Experience of working with Linux in an enterprise environment.
* Scripting, packaging skills and familiarity with automation orchestration tooling.
* Engineering and implementation of infrastructure solutions.
* Technology product selection, evaluation and testing.
* Experience within the financial services industry and exposure of PCI DSS.
* Experience of ITIL service delivery frameworks.
* Usage of development tooling such as Git, Jenkins and Jira or Confluence.
* Recent hands-on experience with the following multiple technologies:
o RHEL, OEL or SUSE Linux
o VMware Stack
o Automation technologies (Orchestrators)
o Server platforms (HP, Nutanix, Cisco)
Essential Skills and Abilities
* Good organisation and communication (both written and oral English) skills.
* Strong analytical skills coupled with methodical approach to fault resolution.
* Ability to develop relationships with other Client Technical and business groups. Essential Personalities
* Good team work / team player.
* Self-starter: assumes responsibility and ownership for successful completion of activities.
* Analytical: collates and interprets various inputs to reach a logical and achievable solution.
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify). (Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)